Sunday, June 10, 2007

BAACKKK!!! ... from round 2 of seeding!

lucky for me, i am NOT going this week!!!! well, at least i know for sure on monday and tuesday! im not too confident on wed-fri :S

anyway.... heres the report from the week :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday 5th June 2007

Second week of seeding, im soooo glad that this is a 4-day week! But surprisingly, today went pretty fast, probably when you have something on your mind, you tend to forget about other things, such as the time or missing home, that time does go fast. Before I knew it, it was lunch time, and I wasn’t even hungry! But yeah, its good to go fast, then before you know it, im home again!

Yup, today we were at Williams, it’s a smaller paddock, a lot nicer too, mainly coz there isn’t the lupin stubble in the ground which is really annoying… it was only really a day’s work, although I was helping with pegging, doesn’t really count. We are now staying in Narrogin, I think we we’re originally going to stay at the William’s Motel, but I think they were fully booked, so there was some other accommodation that was suppose to be like cabins or something, but we would have had to share it, but have our own room, and I think they only accept cash. So yeah, I only found out today we would be in Narrogin.

Not too shabby, we’re at the motel, its pretty basic, as motels are, no hair dryer is a minus….the shower was a bit dodgey, I think the drainage wasn’t too good…. And well, I dunno, I think the kettle’s been neglected, its inside a cupboard on its side! :/ NOT using it!!

But yeah, it has a decent clean bed and tv, but noisy aircon…. But warm enough not to make me freeze the night.

The motel has a restaurant attached, and I had a brandy mushroom chicken meal with vegetables. Pretty nice actually, better than mount barker, and cheaper too! Well, not totally cheap but decent prices.

Well, this week we wont be in Katanning, like I thought… we’ll be going to seed at Bullaring, which is north east from here I think, but we’ll be staying at Corrigin. So, something different I suppose…

Im not looking forward to Katanning, coz I hear that the landscape is pretty flat and its FREEZING! Usually if u have a couple of hills, stops the wind a bit, but from what the guys are saying, im gonna freeeeeze!

Oh well, just will have to wait and see!

Anyway, sleepy time 

----------------------------------------

Wednesday 6th June 2007

Allo, I am now in the town of Corrigin, we were seeding in Bullaring today. Bullaring isn’t really on the map, coz it’s a small ASS town, theres like this shop that is the Foodland, hardware shop, post office and petrol stop in one! It looked pretty crappy actually… but I mean it’s the conveniences, if u need anything, like toothpaste, even a coat hanger, they had it! Just at crazy prices I suppose…

Oh, a story I forgot to tell about yesterday. Bit embarrassing, but I guess in my situation, I really don’t give a toss. Was watching them seeding, and John went over to see them, and I was just watching, and as they were coming around, Joe, who was driving the tractor, was pointing out, meaning, look behind me. And what was it? Friggin’ bag! Like, you know when you buy rice at the asian grocery markets? And the big rice bags are in those white bags? Well, they had a couple of those, for fertilizer, and they were empty ones, but I think maybe 2 or 3 bags inside, but it was being BLOWN away by the friggin wind!!!! Its soooooo GAY! So instincts? I RAN FOR IT!!! Of course I wasn’t bolting for it, I was jogging at a steady pace, and when I got closer and closer, of course getting more fatigued from it, I noticed, CRAP, the WIND IS TAKING IT WHILE IM GETTING CLOSER!!! So I try to step on it, I miss and TRIP! Yeah, I stacked it, but I got up, not caring too much, just wanted to catch the bastard!!!! So i finally got it after I just tried getting ahead of it… when I puffed and slowly walked back, little did I know, I provided some entertainment for my colleagues… hehehe… I have a lovely grassy graze mark on my jeans, and I have a bruise on the side of my right knee. LOVELY 

Anyway, that was just the gayest thing that I thought was slightly funny.

Today, today, cold as always…. The motel at Narrogin, was O-KAY, but not THAT good…so I was glad that it was only one night. The next place we were going to seed at was at Bullaring, at a private farm, this guy called Trevor. He was a nice farmer guy, but had this dog, dunno what kind, farm kind of course, black with white paws, longest legs I’ve seen on a dog, ok, maybe not THAT long, but he looked like a slim tall dog, freakin’ excited when we drove in, and when I got out, he was jumping on me and I just couldn’t get him off!!!! So I just hopped back into the car!!! Hahaha…. Benno the dog! Crazy… and this farmer, Trevor, drove this Ute, and u should’ve seen this dog! It just JUMPED up onto the back!!! I’ve just never seen a dog jump so high!!!!! Hehehe, it was pretty cool really, full of energy!!!

This place Im now staying at in Corrigin, is called the Corrigin Windmill Motel. Its pretty nice actually! When we signed in, they gave us milk for tea and coffee, but not just boxed milk or anything, it was in this funky metal pourer, like a decent size one, not too big, but yeah, nice, with glad wrap on the top! I could just tell it was nice. And yeah, I think it is! Their towels are nice, and theres a MICROWAVE!!! Dammit, and I didn’t bring any microwavable food! Oh wells…. Yeah, the fridge and microwave is pretty new!!! Like the fridges in the motels so far have been crappy CRAPPY old old ones… but I guess I don’t blame them since im sure there are people out there who are reckless with things that aren’t theres…. So I guess crappy things are there to make people appreciate things, or something…

Yeah…

Anyway… that’s all for now! 

Night night

------------------------------------------------

Thursday 7th June 2007

Yeah, im a bit lazy now… tired… and definitely leaving in the morning for perth tomoro! Yippee! Glad abt that…

Umm, this will be a short entry…

Was raining this morning, but not that much, then just got real windy and dusty… its not as freezing at night, but yeah… interesting, I think when it rains, its not as chilly. Lots of 28’s around, those birdies… and I did see two rabbits yesterday and another two today around dusk time running across the gravel road as the car goes zooming down.

Still cant really believe its june… I have to think of so many birthdays!!!
Aaaiii, im so terrible at bday prez ideas, oh well, will just have to deal with it :p

Anyway, nothing really exciting to say today… want to find a job that doesn’t require me to travel too far from home :[

Okies, me tired… signing off!!!


------------------------------------------------

No comments: