Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHERE DID ALL THE MANNERS GO?

What is happening to everyday NICE perth people? From the impression I’ve always had living in Perth for my whole life is that, we, compared to the eastern states, we’re way nicer and we are laid back, and Australians as a whole are compared with Canadian, as in a good thing, we are similar that we are “nice” people.

How times change!

Whenever I went to Singapore for holidays and visiting all the rellies, I would seriously get sick of it pretty fast, I mean being there. Two weeks is enough for me. Why? Because the way society is as a whole, how the people are towards each other, to bluntly put it from my perspective, they are just rude! Well, how so? For example, there is no organisation when you are lining up for anything, people just push in, pushing in is just how things are done to get anyway. People don’t step back on train platforms for the people who are coming off, and they push their way in. It’s kinda like in Japan. People don’t give up their seat to the elderly, because its about face, pride, it means submission if you do. What a load of polony if u ask me!

I was brought up to offer your seat, to wait for people coming off the train. So why are peoples changing? Well, times change, people are rushed, look out for themselves….
Why do I bring this up? I caught the train today home, and as usual, busy busy, its just getting so much more busy with more people, even before 5pm… anyway, two young students, uni students, two young men were sitting on the priority seats! CANT they read? If you are a student paying a 50cent fare you should be offering your seat to the working people who pay a full fare every day, or AT LEAST for an elderly!!! I think its so selfish, but of course, im not going to say anything, why? Coz im not going to draw attention to myself…. I just think, people are just so selfish! There were two elderly ladies…. Are people BLIND? I gave up my seat before for a pregnant lady, didn’t think twice about it. Its just amazing that things are the way they are. AND before even getting ON the train, they had to say over the speakers “PLEASE LET THE PEOPLE OFF THE TRAIN BEFORE YOU GET ON” but you know what, there are still people who don’t give a rats and crawl in…. its just so rude…. I just think karma… and well, if that’s the way they are, I cant help them…. But yeah, I suppose that goes into another topic that the transport system is shizer in perth. The Perth station is WAY tooo small to accommodate the amount of people using it, and they don’t even compensate with more frequent trains. I swear, EVERY day when I leave they are apologising over the PA “transperth apologises that the trains are delayed” raa raa raa….. it doesn’t help when I hear it practically 99% of the time I catch the train. Its really crazy everything. And petrol prices are ridiculous! Why do they think that more and more people are catching the train? Friggin…. Tsk tsk…

Its really sad isn’t it… well, there really isn’t much to it…. I don’t want to become one of those crazy people fighting for a seat….. whats worse is just on the hot days… omg, people with B.O. issues… today wasn’t toooo bad, I had adequate personal space, no one touching me, or bad B.O. argh….
But yes, im sure u can use your imagination! Not that you would! :p

Anyway… changing the subject…

I haven’t been away for work since my last trip in November… :( very sad for me, coz I want to get away!!!! Oh wells, i will hopefully once I get back from my trip!!!

anyways.... i have been taking some pics... but i just never have the time to ramble on and on.... i've said it before, i want to be blogging as often as i can, but life is just how it is, but im glad i at least blog sometimes.... heehehee being a food critic, and just rambling on about random life....

anyway, PHOTO time, what shall i put up.....

i suppose in no particular order...

Photobucket

this lady bug.... no, lady BIRD lady bird... lol... was on a saturday, many weeks ago im suspecting..... and we were going home from garden city shops, and what do u know? it was on the window, on the outside, while driving along 60k/hr.... (or ed usually goes 10 over:P) anyhooooo, was taking macros before it flew away to some better place!

i love taking macros.... just need to find a digi that does the job!

neeext....

one saturday morning.... we ended up making brekky, since we wanted to kinda skip lunch since we had planned have supper and snacks, so really skip a real lunch and dinner! hehehe..... it was fun, making sausages, eggs, toast and hash browns... i didnt want eggs, and bub pretty much had double what i ate! so what did i do? in the process, of course take pics and make it look interesting!

Photobucket

i think baked beans would've been nice.... but yah, cooking breakfast is easy, only thing is that you have to be bothered to do it!!! :)

oh this next photo, i think it was on the same day as that brekky! coz our supper/night snack was to be at makan makan in vic park!!! it was REALLY good! have been there since uni days, so it was nice! down side? the chairs were bit dodgey, like the cushion + base totally slipped off!!! but i mean, seat-able, only if u dont know and u slide off, could be a OHS problem, but overall, nice nice, oh another down side, sticky tables.... i dont think they really clean the place thoroughly.... but it was nice cheap food! and a nice funky mood with the lighting, i suppose it was quite noisy, but seemed to be the place to be! Yummy teh terik? i dunno how u spell it, but i think its the best in town!

Photobucket

last photo.... cant remember how many weeks ago, but before i discovered it, it was such a pleasant breath of fresh air!

its in the city.... down one of the ally ways you never notice, but there was one of those arty kinda displays, and i had saw it before i took these photos, and it was in better condition, it was just the funkiest sight ever! flowers.... paper ones, fake ones, attached by wire or something and they must've drilled holes in the ground to put them in! it was cool! but by the time i got to taking the photos, unfortunately, there were alot of damaged ones and litter about.... BUGGAR.....
now they have removed them and theres some laser light show, but of course, i have no idea what it looks like because in the day time, u cant see any rays of light. but theres some kinda reflective, silver thing attached to the wall... but no photos of that...

Photobucket

anyway..... thats my long blurt for today :)

1 comment:

Chia said...

yoohoo lainy!
dam... if i were you, i would have definitely told the boys off for not giving up their seats! esp if the old people looked really tired and fragile! maybe ill say it really loudly and sweetly so everyone could hear and give them death stares.. hehehe!

i havent been catching trains from the new line lately, but it sounds quite unpleasant :S i dont know whats worse, rude people or bo :P

as for your breakfast, its very cute! makes me want to eat hashbrown and eggs.. yummy!

i should go to makan makan sometime. do you think its very unasian of me for not eating there before? hrmm...

gosh i have way too much to comment about. i msut be in a very chatty mood :D