Before I start, it was so bad yesterday! Because I thought my dad had wireless internet, because I just switched on my wireless on my computer and presto! I have access! When dad got home from work, I was mentioning he should have a password to access (its very unlike him to do anything like that) and then he told me his internet isn’t wireless!! :S DOH! I was using someone ELSE’S internet in the vicinity! I felt soooooo bad!!!! So of course, im not using it anymore! Now I have to set up my computer on the dining table with the annoying blue network cable trailing from the modem! Well, at least I wont have any guilt of “stealing” someone’s internet!!! *SORRY OUT THERE TO THE UNKNOWN SUBURBS OF MELBOURNE NEAR MY PARENT’S HOUSE!!!!!*
Of course this apology is a spiritual one, since I cant really directly apologise to the anonymous person who doesn’t know abt internet security!
ANYWAY!
YAY! Piccies!!!!!
Not really people shots, more like where I’ve kinda been and eaten!
This morning, slept a bit late, I was expecting my mum to wake me, because she wanted to go for a walk in the morning, because there’s a nice park nearby or something… not sure…but yeah, I think she just let me sleep in… so yeah, got up, had breakfast, and went to Footscray!
We parked at Highpoint to catch a tram to Footscray, because parking’s a poo there! YAY! Tram for the second time in my life!!! :p yeah yeah sad to say it out loud, but hay, I think its fun!!!!! I didn’t take any photos for this part of the day, I didn’t want to look gay :p and we kinda went thru this suburb tht looked a tad bit dodgey because of the graffiti on the buildings! :S so its like, yeah, I don’t think I wanna take photos then, esp. with the people coming on at those stops, NOT saying im judging them, but COME on, if you were in my situation, im sure you’d understanding what im going on abt!!!! Anyway, approaching Footscray (I’ve always like that name, hehehe, to me sounds cute! Don’t ask!) its like little Saigon! OMG, VIET LAND!!! Lol
Now perth has its viet restaurants, but this is NOTHING compared to perth! But then again, I really don’t think you can compare it, its in another world! (HELLO!!! Their wooolies aka safeway, closes at MIDNIGHT!!!!! WOOHHHOOOO)
Yes, anyway, yeah, its like a WHOLE suburb of viets, and I don’t mean like residential, I mean like heaps of buildings, as in lanes and streets, and stretches, as in the kind that has its own stores that have the specialised signs in viet for the locals!!!! Seriously, like heaps and heaps! Its kinda cool, coz its just totally different, something new im experiencing I guess, you know? Like when you go somewhere for the first time… its just so interesting!
The whole point we went to Footscray was that my mum wanted to go to the markets, get this, to buy a cleaver for my sister! :p hahaha, my mum knows how to bargain!!! Selling price is $25, mum was like $20, you can do it for me for $20! Hehehehe, but yeah, I think she settled with $23! And the lady was trying to sell her pots, clay pots and steel pots, unknown brands, saying how good quality raa raa raa… hehehe, well, I’d have to admit, you wouldn’t be able to buy a cleaver at david jones or myers! And definitely not even for $25!!! Hehehe…
There were some real cheapie stores, like lingerie! Hehehe, u can tell it was tacky and cheap!!! Hehehe, oh well, I was thinking, gosh, who would buy this kinda stuff? But then again, I don’t think the stores would be surviving if they were still open right?
The wet markets, with the fish mongers and butchers! OMG, totally cool really! Sorry again, no pics, we were a bit rushed! NOTHING compared in perth… like u may have gone to the canningvale markets, any markets, this meat market is nothing like it! Its like heaps of fresh meat, a lot of stores competing, trays of eggs here and there. The best stores were the ones with the most customers flocking at it! Lots of asian operators BUT surprising, the popular fish store were run by Caucasians. Mum mentioned there was a lady who was unfriendly there, she wanted the bigger fish, but she didn’t get it for her :S not the way to do business….
Then we walked to this pharmacy down the road, bit of a walk, but interesting! It was some cheap warehouse with stuff, she wanted some cough syrup, olive something something, I dunno! I didn’t really pay attention, but they had real, genuine stuff, and I’d have to admit, it was cheap.
Oh and the weather is FRIGGIN’ cold!!!! I didn’t wear my big big coat, because I didn’t think we’d not be driving :S but I survived….
I’ve noticed the people here are very trendy, take care with their appearance. But then again, I think they have the fashion, cosmetics, hair-stylers here to maintain it. Like the fashion is affordable. Not saying that perth isn’t, but they have heaps more variety here… lots of trendy hair dos. My hair is feral! But I refuse to cut until I get a new job! But when that is *sigh* we’ll have to sit patiently and see…
Yeah, cold cold here… it’s the windy-ness that’s the killer!
So went back home, and took a bus, because the stop we were at, the tram doesn’t stop at (very confusing the bus and tram system) although the bus was more direct, we went back home and met with Esther and Kwock, since they came back from their ski trip from Mount Buller, and we went off to lunch, which was dim sum.
(yay photos start now)
We went to Golden Leaf Chinese Restaurant, somewhere in surburbia…

To me, it was just a restaurant, a building on its self, this if u were going to like an old Pizza Hut kinda building except its not pizza hut and it’s a slightly bigger place. Anyway, it was impressive when we walked in, because it was HUGE outside!!! Jade Court eat your heart out! LOL, as in, big enough to host a reception, and it looked elegant enough. For a Friday, was busy enough, not all the tables were full but maybe dispersed, more than half.
The food was kinda different, not use to it I suppose, but yeah, it was nice.

Esther thought the best thing was the chilli sauce! I liked the egg tart! And esther ordered the tofu, tofu-fa, the dessert one, and it looked DODGEY! She said it didn’t taste right either!!! Hahaha, but she ate about half of it, because she didn’t want to waste it! Silly billy….

the ceiling was kinda special, can u see me? hehehe

inside of the restaurant.
Leaving the place, the live aquarium they had, OMG MASSIVE ass abalone!!!!

And sick looking fishies…

Esther poses like the fishie
After that, we went off shopping!
Esther was bugging on and on to go shopping! I think she has the infamous shopping bug in all females!!!!
We went to DFO! Aka Direct Factory Outlet, aka, something like Harbour town except like ten time better and ten times bigger!!!!!

It was in Essendon, not too far from ma and pa’s place, abt 15mins drive. The place looked like a freakin’ fortress!!! But then when we drove in, we could see it, it was like all the furniture stores on the edges, then the main shopping bit.

IGnore the "Hyundai", it has the word "Essendon" on it!!!!!!!
Its indoors and you don’t have to pay for parking! (YAY!)
Omg…. Big big big, they had big brands….such as oroton, saba, fcuk, billabong, grab, witchery, Birkenstocks, Sheridan just some big names that I can remember! I went the whole round, i think theres something wrong with me!!! I just cant find clothes that im happy with!!!!! Yes, im crazy…. I went the whole loop, found something for bubs, and I was done! (not telling what I got, because he may read this, WONT u bubs???)
So called Esther, she was like, at a shop which is like a quarter the way in!!! shes so SLOW!! Hehehe… so having to wait, I ended up getting a hand bag I saw at Olga Berg! I thought abt it, why not, because if I don’t get another opportunity here, at least I got something! I got a day handbag, suitable for light coloured clothing, it’s a light metallicy pink bag, I think its cute, kinda inspired from this bad Chia Hui had, was a metallic dark pink bag she got from espirit! But yeah, different style, but the colour is ok, something different from the usual brown or black hang bag. Half price! $39 from $79. So yeah, 40bucks for a hand bag is a good price. And its hasn’t got weird patterns on it, like some other bags they have, like when I think Olga Berg, I think some embroidery or some pattern. They had some of that, but yeah, naah, nothing good enough to catch my eye… I was thinking of getting a clutch, but yeah, no :p

my bag :)
Esther picked up a top and a pair of shoes. My mum got a towel, and Kwock didn’t get anything!!! Patiently waited for esther!
So that was the shopping thang.
When we left, walking to the car, in the distance was this field thing, and i saw a BLIMP! how often do u see a blimp in perth? i dont think i ever have!

Went home, rested for a bit, dad said we’d go out for dinner. Es and Kwock went out with their friends, so Ma and Pa and Me, we headed to the city for dinner!
Friday night, busy as!
But yeah, I always think the city is nice at night, with all the lights… but yeah, hard to really take any nice pics, coz im in the car…
We went into china town, a place called Dragon Seafood Chinese Restaurant. We didn’t know whether to go or not, mum didn’t want to, because there were too many angmoh in there (she was right) but yeah, we went in to give it a go, I thought wouldn’t be too bad, because there were the odd asian here and there. It was about 8ish and busy but we did get a table. It was nice interior, the toilets were clean. But the food, sorry, I don’t recommend this place!!!!

Too weird style, either china or hk style cooking! NOT use to it! We had hot and sour soup which was WEIRD! Tooooo red in colour, like sweet and sour pork, or it reminded me of it, like not AS intense, but that’s what I’d think of, because its suppose to be brown in colour! And I think they used like the sweet chilli sauce or something, because u could tell with the chilli bits…. Very unimpressed!

The kai lan was different looking compared to perth’s kai lan, but I thought it tasted decent, so did the combination hot pot (like claypot) tasted somewhat the flavour u expect, BUT, omg, we also got a szechuan chicken! BA-BORRR….no good!!!! Just like the soup!!!! Literally too! I mean u expect something dark in colour, DRY chillis and nuts or something right? WRONG! This was like red colour again, NO dry chillis, it was like freakin sweet chilli again, and was just wrong in taste!!! Ate a bit, but disappointing!!!!!!
Oh well, at least my parents will know never to go back!!!!
After dinner we went walkies in the city, just around here and there around the block.
there was this street busker, except it was pretty whacky! robot dude makin lotsa noises!!! i couldnt get a clear pic coz my parents were walking off! DOH! and i didnt want to flash him either with the flash, so heres my blurry pic of the robot dude! i hope u can make out what he looks like.

There was some nice night sights, but hard to take pics coz not really sightseeing and i was in the car :S DOH! there was a big ferris wheel thing with multicoloured light, i dont know if u can spot it, but i also "attempted" at taking pics of federation square! but yeah, bit dodgey...

the final pic to finish off, is totally random... we were at traffic lights in the city and i saw this light shop, so random, but funky lights!!! seriously...

Anyway, its already after midnight!!! I’ll have to report more later!!! Hope u’ve enjoyed reading what I have so far :)
Night night!
2 comments:
yaaaaaay melbs!! awesome piccies lain. can't wait to join in the crazy fun :D
chocolate cafes watch out...!!
heyy..
hhah ai took a pic of that light selling shop too! heheh :) it was blurry as well.
hahah melbourne is damn crazy and u picked up on the trendy ppl there? heheh :) i agree with ya! ^ ^ They all dress well.. the variety is astounding.. i love shopping in melbs.. window shopping is great :D so cool u can go to the outer suburbs..
Keep having fun :D
Post a Comment