Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another restaurant review: Tsunami

Located in Mosman park, this Japanese fused with French restaurant is nicely tucked next to an art gallery and a place that sell home theatre products, as well as opposite an interesting café that seems to be busy, although the main entrance is closed, you can see lots of people inside, which looks like a comfortable place to be, not to say that where we were going wasn’t.

Entering Tsunami, we thought one of the Japanese, or asian-looking ladies would greet us, but instead it was this guy with a pony tail who asked if we booked.

We had a seat in the room that was closest to the front of the restaurant, next to a really bright blue side with some Japanese characters, and the “wall” was their whole range of wines… holy cow! Hahaha, there were some warning signs, “smile! You’re on candid camera” just to let customers know, you wouldn’t be able to steal a bottle of wine, not that we were interested in wine…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bubs and I are really into our salmon sashimi, cant get enough of it, and we hadn’t eaten in a long long while… so when we ordered, and it arrived…. It was Gooooood…

We had two fruit cocktails, not too bad, nice was of presenting it, one in a funky green rectangular glass, nice “shocking” colours.

Entrée was really goooood…. Besides the sushi and sashimi, we also ordered gyoza and friends, mainly coz im a sucker for gyoza, but we only got one  but it was good anyway! Soft shell crab was really nice… it was a nice flavour of different seafood, prawn, crab, crab claw.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unfortunately, my choice of main wasn’t to my fancy. I don’t like sukiyaki in soup form :S Mainly because, it LOOKED really appealing, but when I see something that looks really delish, I want the savoury, salty flavour. I got sweet… it was a massive serving though. And good thing is came with rice too.

Bubs got a stonegrill surf ‘n’ turf lite. It came with half a bug thing, like a cray but flattened, and also steak! It was such a novelty! The stone is like 400 degrees celcius HOT hot, so u cook it yourself! Hehehe, Bubs was soooo cute! Hehehe, smartie, put his meat on the side, so it wouldn’t over cook, and sliced bits when he wanted to eat it, and cooked it to his liking… haahaa, perfectionist! Didn’t taste half bad, and also came with these weird potato thingies that were cold, and a coleslaw salad too. We also had a Jap salad on the side. I was really stuffed, even when I didn’t like it.

Overall, nice place, pricey, don’t go for the sukiyaki, unless u like that stuff, but I wouldn’t totally discount it!

Service was good, the people are nice, bit breezy, I got cold when the mains were serviced, other than that, toilets are average, and apparently there’s a garden at the back that are good for weddings (apparently).

They have both seats, recommended for 4-5 people, which I would’ve liked the try, but you can get a tad bit smoky with the stonegrill, but not as bad as if your having Korean bbq!

That’s all from me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

p.s. the bird laid ANOTHER egg today!!! WHOOP WHOOP, this time around, it was bit smaller, and also had a bit of blood on it (eeww), again, was a goner, I could tell it wasn’t a fertilized egg, and it cracked also on the way down. I saw the first egg, and I think the birds were pecking at it, bit of the shell kinda came off, and I could see like the yoke and white inside. But I buried both eggs this afternoon when I was cleaning the cage… interesting, two eggs in the span of 3 days… I wonder if there will be any fertile ones… I gotta keep watch in the mornings now… I was asking my mum abt it, if she reckons it will lay another, she says she doesn’t know but depends if the birds healthy (which it is, I assume). Yes… weird, but strangely cool at the same time…

ok…

back to study…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your birdie laid an egg???
wow! thats soOooo CUTE!
omg!

hrmm.. was wondering about tsunami as well! its in the e book! lol..ill think about it.. as for the cocktails OMG again, they look HUGE!
lol

Anonymous said...

ohhh you have found one of my fave resturants and my sister's (She had her wedding reception there)!! the Tsunami special sushi is really yum! as well as the Patagonian Toothfish Dishes.. soo goooddss :) the ppl are nice there.. they have Jazz on Thursday nights I think. I love the food.. they have Kobe Beef Burger which i wanna try but $50! damn eeh ~ it's lomantic at night.. they have outdoor lights and everything.. pretty~ : )