Tuesday, December 13, 2005

before i get all serious...

sorrrry cindy, told u already that couldnt make it to blood donation... -_-"
i would've, but it was recommended 6mths for me... coz it drains my iron when i got it done..... doh! i wanted free food... kekeke... thats the perks abt donating blood! ehehehe.... who did show up cindy???

ok... seriousness....

reading the news and hearing the news.... its baaad... sooo baaad.....
coz i worked late tonite, so of course i watch a bit of telly with my din din... and well, it was late news, and its just sooooo sad to see the news now, the stuff happening in sydney...

it makes me absolutely furious....

racism is just something i cant tolerate. i have been targeted before when i was in high school... its just mentally draining and depressing... anyhoo, i bet majority of ppl who aint anglo-saxon would get some kinda experience of racism in australia... and its just the reality...

i grew up in the burbs with like a VERY low population of asians...all my high school friends were aussie...

but u have the rotten eggs around... i dun get it... they must have something wrong or happen to them for them to conflict such... prejudice...

yeah... so sydney.... times i think, gosh im soooo friggin lucky to be in perth... and when that kinda crap happened in perth, i remember chinese restaurants being bombed... i think, gosh, im soooooo lucky to be in a nice surburb that doesnt have that kinda conflict... but really, the reality is that this kinda stuff can happen ANYWHERE in the world, you're never safe.... everything is so uncertain...

the alcohol-fueled mob targeted mainly middle-eastern looking people, but then they also attacked residents and innocent by-standers, ambulance people and police...

its DISGUSTING...

i could swear my face off, but its not worth it...

how can this kind of violence, display of hate become so? argh, seems to totally go out of control, riots... its terrible!

and its THIS time of year? XMAS! my gosh...

its disgusting...

its hard to see that patriotic people can call themselves australian when they are NOT being accepting of all races....

disgusting...

its a total white campaign or something, i just really really hope that it doesnt continue, because its just disaster at our door steps...

ian's going there i think on the 15th? i hope he'll be ok... that is really some scary shit u know...

its not benefiting anyone...

ppl in sydney should be ASHAMED of themselves!!!
its BAD

argh....

i just think, what do u do when ur in a situation where u are innocently targeted? u cant reason with talk, u just have to run to safety...
what is the world coming to??

1 comment:

Snowie said...

I totally agree Lainy!!!!!

Actually, I've been so out of touch with the world lately so I didn't hear about this until last night when Yoke told me @ blood donation. It is rather disappointing at how people behave at this day and age. Some screw loose in their brain I reckon.

We're living in a GLOBAL village, especially in Australia because we promotes multi-culturalism. It doesn't help when you have the minority who just drags everyone else down.

I went to a high school that had ALMOST no Asians as well. I was lucky that I didn't suffer any racism whilst growing up. And now, I'm working in a company that has NO asians at all (except in our Asian office of course!) and I am lucky to be working with wonderful people who are open-minded and do not pass judgement on things/people that are not familiar to them.

I reckon, those people causing all these trouble, should really get out there in the world and open their eyes. I don't understand the psychology of people with extreme views...

Oh well... like what you said, we're lucky to be in Perth!!! Good ol' Perth =)

Blog Archive